I’ve tried quite a few banana bread recipes, but this one from the Disneyland Hotel is my absolute favorite. It tastes delicious and I always have the ingredients on hand. Disney is my happy place, so using Disney recipes is a great way to make magic at home. Over time I’ve streamlined the process and cut it down to a quick one bowl recipe. In just the time it takes to preheat the oven I can mix the bread and even have time to clean up! The original recipe calls for double the sugar, but I find that if my banana is ripe enough I only need 1/2 a cup.
Disneyland Banana Bread
(adapted from Cooking With Mickey Volume II)
Ingredients (makes one loaf)
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 large banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a loaf pan.
2. Melt the butter. Add the sugar and melted butter to your mixer. Mix until combined.
3. Add the egg and mix.
4. Add the banana and run the mixer until it is mashed.
5. Add vanilla and mix for a few seconds.
6. Add in the salt and baking soda by spreading around your mixing bowl instead of dumping it in one spot. Run the mixer until it is blended in well.
7. Add in the flour 1/2 a cup at a time. Mix well between each addition of flour.
8. Pour the mixture in a loaf pan and top with chopped pecans.
9. Bake for one hour or until it passes the toothpick test.